Saturday, September 1, 2007

Steve Irwin

It was just this time last year (Labor Day) that I was sitting at the Oregon State Fair watching the horse show when my brother-in-law, Tim, told me the news. Steve Irwin had been killed! At first I wasn't surprised. I mean, with his line of work, something tragic was bound to happen one of these days. But, as time went on, I became more and more sad about Steve's death. I was and still am a huge fan of his work! I even talked about wanting to take the kids to the Australia Zoo to see him play with a crocodile live someday. It's just sad. And his wife and kids are so awesome, especially Bindy. She is great, and I know she'll definitely walk in her father's footsteps. She loves animals and has the perfet personality, just like her dad! Don't get me wrong, I am fascinated by this...from a distance! I cannot relate at all with this love of animals, especially dangerous ones, but I really do enjoy his shows. I am always on the edge of my seat when I watch them.

Well, I have to put this link on my page. If you have not seen this youtube yet, you'll just crack up. If you've already seen it, well, you'll crack up again! This is one of my favorite "forwards" that I've ever gotten. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do...over and over again.

http://www.youtube.com/v/pa_7P5AbUww

No comments: