Monday, September 17, 2007

Pizza...mmmmm

So for those of you who know me well, you know that pizza is my favorite food. I should clarify. Pizza is my favorite "every day" type food. I would much prefer a great steak or piece of halibut or something at a great restaurant, but if you're like me and have a large family, you just can't fine dine as much as you'd like. Therefore, I consider pizza my favorite food.

I thought I'd just jot a few favorites down. I'd love to hear your comments and ideas of new places my family can try. Oh, and I guess I'll also write some of my least favorites. I'd love to hear your comments on these as well.

Fav's:
1. Papa's CHEESE pizza- I'm talking just cheese. It is so great. It is pretty garlicy, so be prepared for that taste. I think it is wonderful. Their crust is just crispy enough and the all over flavor is just good.
2. Last night I had, for the first time, Papa Murphy's Mediterranean pizza. Again, the garlic is strong, but obviously I love garlic! It has spinach, sun dried tomatoes, chicken, feta cheese, and I'm sure more, but not even sure what. I didn't look at it so much. I just devoured my two slices and wished I wasn't full so I could eat more. The taste was out of this world.
3. Chuck E Cheese's- I know, I know, two out of three now have been "kids places." Yes, I go there often, and Chuck's has a special place in my heart. Perhaps if I can figure out how to get a picture on my blog, I will write a special post about Chuck's and put a picture of me holding my "Employee of the month" plaque on it! :) Anyway, Chuck's pizza can be really great- fresh out of the oven...with bacon (bits, not canadian) and onion. Love it!
4. Pizza Amore right here in Albany is such a great place. You go in, and the aroma of a "real pizza parlor" hits you. Oh, I love that! And the pizza tastes as good as it smells. (I admit I've only been there once, but I have a fond memory so far.)
5. Pizza Hut- Yes, plain old Pizza Hut. Scott and I love the meat lover's. You cannot go wrong with their pan pizza crust. Oh, it's an oldie but a goodie!

Don't like:
1. Pizza King in Albany. Their pizza is SO overpriced, probably because of the environment (kids play area and karaoke), and I did not care for it at all. There is nothing I hate more than leaving a restaurant disappointed in the food and knowing I just paid a year's worth of college education for it!
(OK, now that I think about it, Chuck's and Papa's Pizza are expensive too, but since it tastes so good it is worth it!)
2. Now this one is interesting. My mother-in-law just had their pizza and said it was one of her all time fav's. For us, we did not like it one bit. I think the name is Cirello's. It's on 9th St. in Corvallis next to (but across the street from) Rite Aid.
3. Galluci's in Lincoln City is really bad too. I have tried it numerous times and everytime I leave wishing I had not wasted my money.
4. Dominos is just as bad as the rest. It is not worth it, especially to pay extra for delivery! We avoid this one at all costs.

Indifferent choices:
1. Costco- it's fine. Not great, but not bad.
2. Little Caesars- sometimes it's good, but sometimes not. You can't depend on it, but for $5 it's sometimes worth it.
3. Homemade- honestly, can you ever make a homemade pizza that is better than your favorite restaurant pizza (especially if it costs the same!)? I am not sure about this option. I have not had much luck, even though I've tried a lot.

Well, for lack of time, I have to end this post. I'll look forward to reading your comments.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should do a comparison segment on chocolate. Chocolate is MUCH better than pizza (although I do love the pizza!) any day of the week. Yum!

Jen Rouse said...

I love PizzAmore too. Have you tried their little garlic bread rolls? Way yummy.

heather said...

American Dream is super good!

Sis. Connie M. said...

Just happened on your blog after googling pizza amore to find a phone # to order. We have a new fav there!

I noticed your list didn't metion Woodstock's Pizza in Corvallis and I had to mention this on the list of good ones.

Just thought I would pop in ans say Hi! from one busymom to another!