Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Oh, how convenient

So today I ran up to Salem to see what clothes I could find for my kids at Once Upon a Child. Usually, I find them a bit overpriced, but when I am searching for something specific, I try there first because they have the biggest selection. (I love second-hand stores, especially if they are inexpensive and have a large variety of items.)

Just before I got to the store I received a phone call on my cell phone. It was my sister-in-law, Kristy. I was talking to her as I unloaded my kids, got two of them (who were sleeping) in the stroller, and headed into the store. I was sure to lock my car door because I was in Salem (I usually don't). I did my shopping (found exactly what I was looking for by the way) and went out to the car...to find it locked and to find my keys no where in sight.

Bummer! I looked in every window all around the van but didn't locate them inside. My only guess was that I had thrown them in the diaper bag, which I did not take inside, and that's why I didn't spot them. So I called Scott and he agreed to make the drive to rescue me.

But, how convenient that Once Upon a Child is only a mile away from Chuck E. Cheese's! Ha! We had to cross Lancaster (Drive, Road, which is it?), which made me a tad nervous (only because I have almost hit pedestrians on that road a time or two), but I figured it would be a fun adventure. Sure enough, it was a fun walk. We enjoyed it (besides the loud transit and school buses whizzing by) and were so proud of ourselves once we reached our beloved destination. That was our story for today!

Oh, and the keys were in the diaper bag afterall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your ability to see the positive, no matter what the situation is. You are a ray of sunshine! Keep smiling. :-)