Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Cleaning, entertaining, and other random thoughts

I will try and make this quick and to the point. First of all, cleaning. As you know, I LOVE to clean. It is truly therapeutic for me. I love the finished results. So here are my thoughts on helpful or not so helpful cleaning tools. Anything with bleach is wonderful...especially for toilets. I love watching mildew "melt away" once it's sprayed with bleach. However, Scott has banned me from using it because our clothing bill went up. I am really bad about getting the bleach on me, as well as the toilet or sink. However, I bought some again because my family was sick and the thought of cleaning with bleach just excited me. I just finished cleaning my bathroom...and my black pants now have bleach spots on them. AAHHH!!!

One thing I thought I would try and liked at first, but now don't like, is the toilet wand. I am not sure the exact name, but it's basically a disposable attatchment that goes on the end of this wand. You clean the toilet and then throw it away. I tried it because my kids kept getting into the toilet brush and I just couldn't handle that anymore. But, I have found that my toilet bowl is never as clean as it used to be. Like I said, I just finished cleaning and it still looks dirty in spots. That is frustrating. I just figure that I will finish up using the ones I have and then when I move I will get all new toilet brushes...I can hardly wait. Oh, and the other thing I don't like about the wand is that it goes into the toilet water. Once you're done cleaning, the wand itself is wet and I always feel gross just throwing it on the floor...of course, there's no way I'm putting it in a drawer or something!

Just in case this one is not obvious to you, everyone in America needs to own a box of Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. Talk about miraculous cleaning! It cleans everything...from stainless steel to mildew in tiles to marker on the wall. If there's something you just can't seem to get clean, try this! For a couple bucks it's worth the shot! But, answer me this. I wasn't sure. Are the generic erasers just as good as the name brand? I haven't tried them yet.

Now on to the next subject. I came to a realization today. I have always been one to love to go out. I don't care if I have to cart all five kids with me. I want to be out of the house. Today I realized why. I am the person who loves to have fun. But when I am home, I am the cook, the maid, the butler...anything but fun for my kids. They want to play games, but I am busy doing things that need to get done (I'm not even talking about hobbies- just plain old laundry and dishes!). I cannot stand to be at home and sit and play when the house needs work. I just can't stand it. So I keep busy, but not having fun with the kids. So, in order to allow myself the freedom to have fun, we go out. Then I don't have things that need to be done. I can just relax and enjoy the kids. And once we get home, Daddy is the fun one and Mommy keeps on keeping on- trying to keep some order in this crazy house!

Random thoughts now...I wanted to add to my pizza blog after I posted it. I realized that I mainly talked to my Oregon friends in that one, but wanted to capture the attention of my Maryland friends. So here we go.
1. I forgot to write my all-time favorite pizza in the world. I mean this. SORRENTO's in Arbutus. This is, what, $5 for a jumbo and is the best ever! And, not only that, but you can get a coke in a foam cup with the best ice in the world too! (I have a crazy love for certain kinds of ice- round pellets are my favorite and then small chips.)
2. Dough Roller in Ocean City is just gross. It is over-priced and does not taste good.
3. Ledo's pizza, however, at OC is really great. I'm sure they are great in Severna Park and whereever else they are as well, but I haven't tried them a lot. I did get their Buffalo pizza at the beach and that was out of this world! Loved it!
Overall, I think I like a good, greasy pizza. Both Sorrento's and Ledo's have greasy pizza. MMM!

Riley's new thing is when you ask him where something is, he points wherever he chooses and says, "Right there." Oh I love him! He's trying to walk more all the time- about 7 steps just as I wrote that. I hope he gets it nailed down soon!

This one is getting too long, so I will end now. Bye!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! When you move to Maryland, you are more than welcome to come clean my house & watch my mildew disappear. :-) Have you ever tried the Chlorox bleach gel? It cleans like bleach without splattering everywhere. They make it for toilets as well. I use this in my bathrooms. Also, I am in love with my Swiffer Wet Jet. Not only does it do a fantastic job cleaning my floors, it leaves everything smelling good in a clean sort of way. Everyone should try this wonderful cleaning tool!

heather said...

I have tried some generic magic erasers and was impressed with them!