Thursday, September 4, 2008

Becca

OK, I think I might end here with my friends. Is everyone getting bored with this? Well, anyway, I will write one more and hopefully think of some other topics to write about that actually speak of my life and what's going on here.

I really should have written post about Becca the same time I wrote about Daphne. Although I met Daphne at a different time, she and Becca kind of go hand in hand in my book. Like I said earlier, I was a bit bummed when Daph and I couldn't be roommates at college our freshman year. But, God had it planned differently and I am glad He did! Daphne was paired up with a girl named Rebecca...Becca. The three of us were friends right from the start. Becca and I cheered together, and she actually stayed at LBC through my Jr. Year (which we were roommates for during that year), until she graduated. She was in the secretarial program, so she could graduate earlier than I could.

A few weeks ago, Daph, Becca, and I met in Lancaster (PA) to go shopping for the day. It was great. Usually, when there are just three, one gets left out. But that's never the case with us. We actually feel like someone is missing when one is not there. Anyway, during dinner, Becca (the secretary of our group) brought out these old scrapbooks/picture albums she had made during college. Daphne asked me, "wasn't Becca just a little bit cooler than the rest of us?" Yes, she was. She just has a way about her that is cool, funny, and attractive. She is beautiful and was very popular with the guys at college (and married one of them!). Her sense of humor is something to be desired...literally. She is so funny!.

The thing that amazes me the most about Becca is how much she has changed since college. Back then, she was so fun. Now, she's still so fun, but is also so Godly. She and her husband have grown together, which is so neat to see. They have two kids in public school, and feel strongly that it is where they need to be. She is the parent who's making cupcakes for her girl's class (she did that today for her birthday as a matter of fact), and who is at every PTA meeting. Her husband is a youth pastor and they are very involved in their ministry. They believe in training their kids to tell others about God, and school is a great place to start that. I love to see their convictions being played out.

The neat thing about the three of us is that we really feel differently about things, yet always talk about them. No one is threatened by anyone else's opinion. It's a very giving friendship where it's safe to be honest, even if your way is different than the other two's way is...if that makes sense.

Unfortunately, because she lives in PA, we don't actually see each other very often. Once a year is good for us. But, we are excited because at the end of this month, the three of us are all going to the Gaither Homecoming (Bill Gaither, in case you didn't know). Daph and I are hanging out for the weekend- hotel and all- and Becca is going with her husband. Sounds cheesy to some, but Becca got us all into this. Yes, she was the one in college who made the Statler Brothers sound cool!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not bored with your posts! I love reading them! It has been really neat to read your perspective on your friends. It is quite obvious that you love us very much & cherish the friendships you have developed.

I think you should write about your family, too. That would be really entertaining!

I hope you are enjoying this lovely day. xoxo