Friday, September 12, 2008

Lauren

Most everyone of my friends has met Lauren...and probably know just as much about her as I do! :) Lauren and I are so much alike. We both love people, talk a lot, enjoy the same hobbies, and think life should be fun. The one main difference with us, and I'm thankful for it, is that she likes to babysit and I never did. :) She is so great about watching my kids for me...even if it's for an entire day. And, the cute thing is that she will say, when I ask her how much I should pay her for a day's work, "I don't know. Is $5 right?" We don't take advantage of her that way, but she would be glad to just play with the kids all day. I'm so thankful for that!

For those of you who don't know, Lauren was a surprise baby. My mom thought she was done having kids after I was born. Then, 16 years later- SURPRISE- here comes Lauren. We all were so excited and she has been adored ever since.

Lauren is musical. She loves to sing, and has a wonderful voice. (I'm jealous of it!) She is a dancer. She has taken various types of dance lessons and is good at that too. She is creative. She makes cute little crafty things for friends and loves that. She is friendly. She is on the "welcoming committee" at church for the youth group. She is bold. She isn't afraid to share her faith, even with her peers. She is kind. She is not the type to hurt your feelings. I just love her. She is so well-rounded and has a lot going for her. She is 16 (a jr.) and I dread the day she graduates and moves on. I hope she doesn't forget about me! Who will I take with me to the mall...every day! Ha ha.

I love how agreeable she is too. I think she thinks I'm fun, so she'll go with me anywhere. We had such a great relationship just before I got married. Praise God it continued, even though I moved away (and she was still so young). Now that she is older, our relationship has not changed. I don't view her as the little sister. I don't know if that means she's mature, or if I still act like a 16 year old (probably that), but we just get along.

Lauren is probably one of the most well-rounded people I know. She is smart, good at what she does, fun, and a good friend. I love being with her. I think she could probably choose anything to do after high school and actually be great at it. I still wonder if I am talented at ANYTHING! I am thankful to be back with her all the time now, and I am trying to take one day at a time so that these next two years don't go by so quickly...and then she's married and, oh dear, who will I go to the mall with??? :)

No comments: