Thursday, October 2, 2008

When the cat's away, the mice will play

Scott and Paige are in Oregon this week. I was dreading it before they left. I was actually ok that Scott was going, but I was really sad about Paige. Scott can handle himself because he's an adult, but what if little Paigy girl misses her mommy? The anticipation was the worst. Once they left, and I shed my few tears, things were fine. It was then that the mice began to play! :)

I have actually had a really great week so far. Monday afternoon and evening was spent shopping and eating and having fun with my sister, Lauren. I had some jeans to return and then was able to find a pair that fit better. That is a good feeling! Then I went to Weight Watchers and was down 2 pounds on their scale from last week. Another great feeling! I celebrated by taking the family to Texas Roadhouse! ha ha

Tuesday was Bible study, then lunch with my mom and sister. I got some school done with the kids, cleaned the house a bit, and then enjoyed a great thunder and lightening storm. The kids' swimming lessons were cancelled, but that was ok because that meant Paige didn't miss two lessons, just one.

Wednesday was also a fun day. I picked up Lauren and we went to this park that has the old Enchanted Forest things (what do you call them?) and a petting zoo and all that. Max and Meredith had school (which was right down the road from there) and Lauren and I took Jill and Riley shopping...another pair of jeans to return. When we picked the kids up from school, we headed down near our church and looked in Kohl's and then ate at Chipotle. Yum! Then it was time for choir rehearsal. Fun day!

Now it's Thursday already and I don't know what I am going to do yet. I need to do some school and clean up our living room and do some laundry. And they do have swimming lessons tonight. But other than that, the possibilities are endless! :) I am still trying to find some winter clothes for the kids, so I might hit a thrift shop I heard about, or I could take the kids to Chuck E Cheese's (because it's been since Labor Day that we've been there and I'm going through withdrawal). Who knows? But, the mice are playing and it's actually turned out to be a fun week!

No comments: