Monday, October 6, 2008

Feeling out of control

As much as I enjoyed last week- all the running and eating out and all that, after a while you just feel out of control and need to get back into some sort of routine. Plus, it gets so expensive! :) But, I feel good about my shopping trips and how I think everyone is set for fall and winter, and that is quite the accomplishment. It takes a long time to organize 5 kids' clothes from season to season. I go into it thinking it will be a quick, easy, and fun job. I figure I'll just put some clothes in a tote and pull out the news ones- that's all there is to it. But, then once I get started, I realize that Jill is the last girl in the family. I need to put her clothes that are too small into a different tote and label it. The same goes with Riley. And, now that I think about it, I do that for Max as well- so they will be ready for Riley in a couple years when he is ready to wear them. So anyway, I did get it all done last week, I got the house all in order, and now I am ready to kind of start the month. I mapped out all the days we are doing school this month and it comes down to just 15 days. I have a lot to fit into those days, but that is the beauty of homeschooling. We can work at our own pace and if we need to take more time, that is an option. That's the reason I started school in August. There are times, or weeks, that come up and you just don't get any school done, and that's ok. We are already a month ahead, so there is no rush.

All that to say, today feels good. I am ready to be in control again of my routine, and I feel organized to do it. Hope your day goes well too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It always feels good to get back into a routine after being out of it for a while. I'm glad your whole family is back together again. And I hope you & Scott have a wonderful anniversary!!!

Alison said...

Amy, I had to laugh at your comment about afraid of being bored... I am the exact opposite! I am so afraid of being too busy or rushed that we spend most days at home. If we do go out, it's only one thing per day and hardly ever for a whole day. I am more of a homebody than I realized. :) But as my kids are getting older, I need to plan a little better to make sure THEY aren't bored, whether we're at home or off somewhere.