Saturday, August 23, 2008

Yankees

So yesterday was Scott's 32nd birthday. His brother, Tim, is out visiting, and treated us (Tim, Scott, Max and me) to a Yankees vs. Orioles baseball game in Baltimore last night. I love Camden Yards- it's a great stadium, where all seats are great!

Tim went down earlier than we did, so we drove alone. We were looking for a parking spot (garage, lot, whatever) and everything was $20-$25! Unbelievable! We spotted a lot for $10 and as we turned around, I saw some spots on the street, and even though during the day they are metered, after 6pm they are FREE- it was 6:15. God blessed us!

The game was so exciting! Not only did I get to see 5 homeruns, 4 of them were by the Yanks. And, not only that, but the first two were back to back...and so were the second two. I have never seen that once, let alone twice! It was great.

The thing that was so shocking to me was the amount of Yankees fans. I would say the majority of people there were rooting for the Yanks. That was fine by me...because I just joined right in. Anyway, all this to say that I think I enjoyed this game as much as the guys did. I could go watch baseball every night. I just love it. Football, no. But Baseball, yes! There's my post for the day! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, what a fun birthday! Those Yankee fans are devout!!! Have you ever been to New York for a home game? It's insane! Talk about people who are serious about supporting their team! I wish it was more like that here.........