Thursday, May 1, 2008

Spiritual gifts and love languages

I went to our one day women's retreat at church last Saturday and was given a Spiritual Gift test. That to me was exciting because I have been wondering what mine is. I had it narrowed down to about 4. Anyway, I took the test yesterday and it just didn't help. I scored about the same (between 31-35) on four of them. So now what?

Well, the funny thing is that on Leadership I only scored an 18 and Teaching was only a 6. Guess what Scott's top two were? Yes, leadership and teaching. I guess that is a good thing, because hopefully we can complement each other well.

So on to the love languages. We took that test too, and I scored a really high score on Words of Affirmation. Scott scored a O on that one. He scored really high on Acts of Service. I scored a O on that one. Good grief!

So what do I make of all this? I'm still not sure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom has a spiritual gift test for you. I will bring it Tuesday. Hers is very detailed. Hopefully, it will give you more answers.

You & Scott balance each other. You make a complete unit. His strengths are your weaker areas & vice versa. Accident? Of course not! God knows what he's doing. xoxo

Amy said...

Yeah, you're right. I think that as long as I am serving in the church in ways that I love and are useful, I am using whatever gift or gifts I have. I don't need to worry about it. I will enjoy doing another test too, just to see what comes from it. Thanks! We need to get together sometime.

Anonymous said...

Ok! How about after I return from vacation? We will be mostly finished with school by then. xoxo

Becky Norton said...

Hello :) You don't know me from Adam's housecat---I came across your blog this morning while studying for my Sunday School lesson. We are finishing up studying the Love Languages and before that, we did a long study on the Spiritual gifts. I have the test we used and would be glad to email it to you if you like. If you've already figured it out, that's okay too but I thought I'd offer! God bless---have a wonderful day!!